The 12 Brain Rules
The 12 principles describing how our brain works best, which form the core of Dr. John Medina’s book Brain Rules, are:
- Exercise. Exercise boosts brain power.
- Survival. The human brain evolved, too.
- Wiring. Every brain is wired differently.
- Attention. We don’t pay attention to boring things.
- Short-term memory. Repeat to remember.
- Long-term memory. Remember to repeat.
- Sleep. Sleep well, think well.
- Stress. Stressed brains don’t learn the same way.
- Sensory integration. Stimulate more of the senses.
- Vision. Vision trumps all other senses.
- Gender. Male and female brains are different.
- Exploration. We are powerful and natural explorers.
(For a more detailed explanation of each of these rules, including videos, check out ‘The 12 Rules‘, on the Brain Rules website.)